Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First Post

I decided, after a period of posting videos and rants on my Facebook account, random articles on my personal blog, and taking notes on artists featured on episodes of Art:21 at 3 in the morning, that it was time to put all my obsessive thoughts on the subject in one place.

The title for this blog is derived from the name of Damien Hirst's 'For the Love of Art' diamond encrusted memento mori. The "Oh" is added to express the "shock value" some of this art can give people. My ultimate goal is to express that shocks aren't bad, in fact, they are almost always necessary.

This blog will be somewhat frantic, somewhat learned, but always unapologetic. Expect videos, links to interviews, reviews/critiques, rants... you know, the usual. Except, not. :)

1 comment:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I love to read about linguistics, behavioral economics, theory and philosophy. I listen to music some might call outdated, write satirical and high testosterone plays, consume too much caffeine and ruthlessly defend modern and contemporary art.