Wednesday, August 4, 2010

YouTube video: Pablo Picasso's Guernica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV3DPm3bZ-I&feature=player_embedded

Here's a link a friend sent me earlier this week, the video is very well done.
Although it refers mainly to Guernica, the makers of the video paid homage to Van Gogh, Dali, and MC Escher. Using a Duran Duran song ('The Chauffeur', in this case)is an easy way to sell me on something but luckily the content is as smart as the music choice.

Walking through the video, our cubist hero wakes up in Van Gogh's 'Bedroom in Arles', proceeds to the desert in Dali's 'The Persistence of Memory' and winds up in an Escher endless staircase. I can see a small Duchamp nod in this scene as well, referring to his 'Nude Descending a Staircase No. 2' work.

I may come back to this and elaborate on Guernica, but for now - check out the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I love to read about linguistics, behavioral economics, theory and philosophy. I listen to music some might call outdated, write satirical and high testosterone plays, consume too much caffeine and ruthlessly defend modern and contemporary art.